IV therapy is also referred to as intravenous therapy. It is the administration of hydration and nutrients directly in your bloodstream so they can get absorbed and used by the body instantly. Intravenous therapy is the quickest way to distribute nutrients throughout your body since it bypasses your digestive system and moves directly to the organs. This results in an absorption rate of 90% to 100%. IV therapy also assists in addressing symptoms linked to flu, colds, hangovers, and morning sickness. Here we will focus on the benefits of IV therapy and how it’s carried out.
How IV Therapy Works
IV therapy is straightforward, and regardless of the kind you are receiving, the process is very uniform. The nurse who administers the therapy will discuss the IV procedure with you. You get seated comfortably, and the nurse disinfects the site receiving the injection. They then place a needle into the vein. After the IV insertion, the nurse checks the pump to make sure the delivery rate is correct. This therapy may get delivered through an electronic pump or a manual pump. The fluid then drips via the catheter to your body, and it gets absorbed into the bloodstream instantly. The IV therapy technique is very quick compared to oral administration. During the process, ensure that you remain still to avoid dislodging the catheter.
How Long the Intravenous Therapy Administration Take and the Amount of Period the Effects Last
IV treatment takes between 45 minutes and one hour. Intravenous therapy drips vitamins, amino acids, fluids, and minerals at a precise rate. The total duration of the procedure will depend on the reason why you are undergoing intravenous therapy. Some take a short time, while other IV therapies take longer. So, after how long will you begin to feel the IV drip effects? Again, it will depend on the reason for undergoing the therapy. In some IV therapies, you feel the effects instantly. In other cases, it will take some time to feel the effects. Depending on various factors, these effects last for some days after the procedure.
What are the Advantages of IV Therapy
IV therapy benefits vary from one individual to the other. The most common benefits include the following.
- Convenient and easy: In case you are not feeling well, and you do not want to go to your physician’s office or the hospital, IV therapy is a great option. Intravenous therapy is not a hard procedure. At times you do not require to leave your home. Also, the process is painless, and IV therapy works almost immediately
- Wellness and health: For the biggest part, intravenous therapy promotes wellness and health. The infusion of vitamins, minerals, and fluids helps support a healthy immune system, keep you hydrated, and promote healthy skin. It also helps to promote energy levels since you have the appropriate balance of minerals and vitamins.
Uses of IV Therapy
Here are some of the main uses of IV therapy.
- Supporting immune system: Your immune system is the one that fights infection and ensures your body is healthy. Some minerals and vitamins will boost the immunity system naturally and minimize the chances of getting an infection.
- Relieves hangover: If you overindulge at night, you might feel awful the following morning. Some signs of a hangover include pounding headache, dry mouth, and upset digestive system. IV therapy is a great option to offering you relief since it has fluids that re-hydrate your body. The IV therapy for hangovers also has vitamins that boost your energy and medications that alleviate heartburn symptoms, nausea, and headache.
- Helps in recovery from athletic performance: After undergoing intense exercise, the body is left feeling sore and drained. Recovery IV therapy has various components which support athletics at the time of recovery. The fluids assist in the re-hydration process, while the antioxidants, vitamins, and amino acids assist in improving energy levels and repairing tissue damage.
- Alleviation of pregnancy symptom: Your body undergoes various changes and stress during pregnancy. Morning sickness, which may be very frustrating, is very common in pregnant women. IV therapy can help you to remain hydrated and minimize the effects of nausea and morning sickness.
- Headache and migraine relief: Intravenous therapy for this condition includes medication and vitamins, which help mitigate painful symptoms and reduce inflammation.
- Relieves cold and flu: IV drip for cold and flu helps you to remain hydrated.
Contact the Professionals
If you feel like you need an IV, we have a team of trained professionals. Contact us today to discover more regarding IV therapy. Call us today at 205-352-9141 and talk to a specialist